Electronic data recorder (EDR)
1 definition found for this term.
Definitions are presented in the order source books were published (most recent first).
Self-Driving Cars and the Law of Canada$60.00 – $96.00
EDR is referred to colloquially as a “black box” in reference to the flight data recorders that aircraft carry. Sometimes referred to as an airbag control module or ACM, each manufacturer has its own name for such a unit.
• RCM: Restraint Control Module (Ford)
• PCM: Powertrain Control Module (Ford)
• SDM: Sensing and Diagnostic Module (GM)
• ORC: Occupant Restraint Controller (Chrysler)
• ACU: Airbag Control Unit (Nissan)
• ACSM: Advanced Crash Safety Module (BMW)
• CABS: Center Airbag Sensor (Toyota)